Not long ago, one of my readers sent me an email. He recently went through a divorce and was struggling to figure out how to talk to women. I thought I could provide some unique insight on the subject since I am a woman who has also gone through a divorce.
Suddenly finding yourself single presents some unique challenges. Not only is it frightening to be alone but a divorce can also take a toll on your sense of self-worth. It has probably been quite a few years since you last dated, which can leave you feeling a touch insecure. A great way to ease back into dating is using phone sex lines.
Despite that, there are a lot of things to love about dating after divorce. It gives you a chance to start over, embarking on a new beginning. Even though you may have a lot of insecurities, it is also quite exciting. You have a unique opportunity to find someone that you are compatible with so that you can move forward in your lives together.
The 12 tips below are designed to help men do a better job of talking to women.
- Don’t try to act like someone else. Women want to get to know the real you. It is always best to be yourself. That way, you can be sure that you really are compatible with the women who take an interest in you.
- Always be truthful. Don’t tell lies or try to hide anything. If you meet someone and hit it off, they will eventually find out all of your secrets. It is best to be honest right from the start.
- Don’t feel like you have to be a standup comedian. Every woman likes to laugh when they are with someone new. At the same time, however, you don’t have to try too hard to be funny all the time.
- Talk about her. If you are having trouble coming up with something to talk about, ask her a question about herself. Everyone enjoys talking about themselves, which means that she will most likely happily answer your question, keeping the conversation rolling.
- Show kindness. Women are naturally drawn to men who are kind and who treat them well. Don’t buy into the myth that nice guys never get women.
- Learn how to compliment her the right way. Complimenting her is great. Don’t go overboard, however. Otherwise, you may wind up driving her away.
- Avoid acting surprised at her age. Once women pass 45, they usually don’t fall for that kind of flattery.
- Avoid talking about your ex. If the subject of your ex comes up, be as brief as possible and don’t say anything negative about her. You should especially avoid calling her names.
- Limit the amount of time spent talking about your children. Most women like men who are involved in their children’s lives. If you spend the whole date talking about them, however, it can get a little bit boring.
- Share positive details about your job. Even if you are in a position that you don’t like, try to find some positive aspects to focus on. Women generally don’t like to sit around and listen to men complain about their jobs.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to ask her out. If you are having a conversation with a woman and things are going well, don’t be afraid to ask her for a date during your conversation rather than at the end.
- Send a text. If she gives you her number, send her a clever text that will make her smile a few minutes later. Most women find this charming.