Ethanol fireplaces have increased in popularity and because of the demand, industrialists are making these beneficial and stunning pieces in a variety of styles. Therefore, if you have been shopping around for a fireplace, then this is your chance to get one that is beautifully designed for your space. If you are using the wood-burning fireplace design, then you should change because they lack the ambiance to make your home attractive.
Because of their modern nature, ethanol fireplace can complement the most modern home designs. Below are the merits and demerits of ethanol fireplace. The information will help you make the right choice.
- They are versatile – This has been made possible due to the fact that they do not need an exhaust or flue.
- Installation does not need the services of a professional
- Environmental friendly – This is because they use clean burning fuel source, which does not emit smoke or toxins.
- Unlike other options, ethanol fireplaces do not lose heat through the flue
- No maintenance needed
- Easy to use – all you have to do is pour the fuel and ignite. It is easy to extinguish as well
- Biofuel does not trigger allergic symptoms like asthma
- Does not need fire maintenance like the wood fire, where you need to have piles of wood ready and there is no ash
- They have better resale values if you decide to sell
- They are great in a power outage situation. It might not warm the whole house but at least you will get something that can warm you
- They are an excellent choice in cold nights
If you’re interested potentially in one of these fireplaces, then look at these from Ethanol Fireplace Pros for examples.
- Bio fireplaces need oxygen to burn. As such, in a smaller space, you will need to open a window to allow fresh air in.
- They do not produce enough heat, therefore cannot be the primary source of heat
- They can be a little bit expensive to run. A 3-burner unit average running cost is about $2.25 per hour
- Wall-mount designs must be installed with a fireproof product, that goes between the fireplace and the wall.
- Bioethanol can be fatal if consumed by either pets or kids. Some designs come with children protective settings and a bitter product to avoid accidental ingestion.
There you have it. These are the advantages and disadvantages of ethanol fireplaces. It is important to note that they are available in many designs as well as sizes. It is wise to consider the size of the room when purchasing ethanol fireplaces. Bio fireplaces are said to help improve a person’s mood after a long and bad day.